• July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • My love ones

    Jess dearie! =)
    Min Hwee
    Yuting - Muskebbit the Great
    Sandra - Muskebbit the Baokaliao
    Cheng Hyork
    Sam
    Pui Sze
    Melissa
    Joshua Tay
    Melody
    New Daddy
    Interview With God
    Inspirational website
    My true friend

    Gentle Whispers


    Credits

    Layout by chris

    Saturday, September 23, 2006

    Living for Him

    It's the sabbath day once again =) praise the Lord

    Today's service was refreshing. My church celebrated Children Ministry sunday today..and the kids were really enthusiastic. It's just so heartwarming to see these little children of God praising Him with their smiles, their voices, their movements. really thank God for children. They are such little blessings..

    Sermon though simple, but contains a great meaning in it. It talks about getting R.E.A.L. (Relationship, excited, approving, live) Basically, we need to have a strong relationship with God, be excited to know Him, live a life that is approved by Him and always living to glorify Him. It just reminds me of how i'm not living a God centred life now. and i thank God for this reminder. I realised i've been too focused on academics, on the numerous group and canoeing meetings, so much so i've put God aside. However ashamed i am, i repent. I questioned myself today, asking if i want to spend my uni life cooped up in my room, studying all day long and get the results i want..or reaching out to people, bring them to Christ and doing His work. It then dawned on me that, these results, no matter how good or how bad..it wont carry with me to eternity. I want to lead a balance life, one that enables me to touch other ppl's lives, yet at the same time not neglecting my studies too. Perhaps i'm too easily influenced by situations around me...when datelines come, i tend to focus more on work because i get stressed and want to get it done. At times like these, it seems hard to deal with these datelines and yet at the samme time, spend time with friends going out and all...this one thing i have to grapple and learn.

    i want to lead a God centered life and not a life revolving around my ambitions, goals or even ppl's expectations of me. often, i'm tempted to study rather than spending my quiet time with God..tempted to chat rather than to pray..tempted to stay at home rather than going church..all these temptations i want to overcome. I know God will always provide a way out for these temptations..i'll keep trusting and know that God will provide. My life is complete because i know God. His love alone can change lives..how mighty that is. let us stop focusing on ourselves, but shift this focus to Him.

    God is behind you to support you.
    God is in front of you to lead you.
    God is beside you to comfort you.
    God is in you, to love you.

    Thank you God for creating me..

    <---design by chris at http://blogskins.com/me/raindrops25--->