• July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • My love ones

    Jess dearie! =)
    Min Hwee
    Yuting - Muskebbit the Great
    Sandra - Muskebbit the Baokaliao
    Cheng Hyork
    Sam
    Pui Sze
    Melissa
    Joshua Tay
    Melody
    New Daddy
    Interview With God
    Inspirational website
    My true friend

    Gentle Whispers


    Credits

    Layout by chris

    Thursday, September 28, 2006

    canoeing 1 star course

    I SURVIVED!!!

    thank God! When the course first started out yesterday, gosh, i didn't know there were so much skills to pick up. I actually got quite stressed, afraid i cant apply them and the instructor was quite serious. =X Anyway, i've learnt quite a bit...capsizing, rescuing, draw stroke, reverse strong, forward pull and all...rescuing is really tiring anyway. capsizing was hmm quite fun though quite scary at first...i had to capsize like 3 times coz i keep coming out of the water from the wrong direction! then kelvin let me off coz he realised i just have the natural tendency to float out from that direction..hahaha...u know, i really just floated out after i came out from the kayak underwater..and i knew i was in the wrong direction, so i wanted to go back to the water and swim across to the right direction..but can't coz the floating device wldn't allow me to. haha..quite funny actually.

    In all, it was really tiring. Been so long since i felt so drained out physically and mentally. My muscles are really sore now, and i'm tanned. BAH. i put sunblock already... =( and i got sea sick! felt so giddy esp at east coast since the currents were quite huge. the drift was quite big. Anyway, i kayaked from kallang to east coast, and back to east coast for the xpedition. The rest of the time was practicing strokes and capsizing and all...was quite shiong actually. Lucky i got partner! and i'm really thankful and touched that jian liang went to help me buy giddy pills coz i was feeling quick sick when we were doing rescuing at east coast. SO HEAVY LA THE CAPSIZED KAYAK! haha and they made us do like 4-5 times. gosh.

    and guess what, my instructor is my brother's friend. and he got so shocked. and kept threatening me that he can fail my assessment. aiyoo see wad happens when there's too many connections.

    BBQ was alright. when a group of arnd 15 guys gather together, what are the topics u all normally talk about? i got so disgusted with their conversation topics. so insensitive to gals arnd. sigh. they got so excited talking and i was just dumbfounded and speechless that i made my way to the toilet. hear no evil.

    slept in the tent at east coast. was really cold coz the breeze was very strong. the floor was so hard, it felt so uncomfortable. and it was sandy too..haha..woke up so many times in the middle of the night.

    Hmm on the way back from east coast, i was really worried i cldn't do it coz i felt quite sick and i didn't have much energy left. i tried to hum 'God will make a way' and prayed that God will give me strength =) tried to come up with conversations with my partner, come up with lame jokes and asking ppl to sing along and entertain me. haha..With God's grace and mercy, i reached the shore safely...really thank God.

    Now, i'm quite worried. 2 star course gonna commence in 2 weeks time and i've do it alone this time. no idea how i'm gonna do it. and i realised every comm member has to lead in xpeditions n probably have to do it alone. HOWWW...big sigh, God help me!

    anyway, though it was really tiring, it really tested on my endurance, perseverance and faith. There's much to learn from this experience really..how i cannot do this alone, that i have to get the support from team membres and God. In the middle of the sea, there's no way u can turn back..no one is gonna go back with u. U just have to move on. really pushed myself all the way. thank God for journey mercy. To all those who prayed for me, thank you =) really appreciate it.

    [and i think you're right. i didn't think it was anything back then...but u felt there was smth fishy,. and now, i really think there might be smth going on. i hope things won't escalate to the level where i've to hurt anyone.]

    and my mid term! SIGH. i only have 3 pathetic days left. HOW HOW HOW! gonna depend on God again! =) i'm bounded by limited human strength. Without God, i can do nothing! my faith has to pull me through the next few weeks. i must stay strong...u too k...

    <---design by chris at http://blogskins.com/me/raindrops25--->