• July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • My love ones

    Jess dearie! =)
    Min Hwee
    Yuting - Muskebbit the Great
    Sandra - Muskebbit the Baokaliao
    Cheng Hyork
    Sam
    Pui Sze
    Melissa
    Joshua Tay
    Melody
    New Daddy
    Interview With God
    Inspirational website
    My true friend

    Gentle Whispers


    Credits

    Layout by chris

    Saturday, August 05, 2006

    Uncle Lawrence's 60th Birthday!!

    Wow it was really good! It's a poolside party @ seletar country club!

    Everyone was looking forward to this party...because aunty lisa, the birthday boy's wife, has been planning it for 2 solid years! and everyone just hoped and prayed that it would turn out fine considering all the hard work and all! it's really not easy i must admit...to plan something so big and special behind someone's back. Aunty lisa said there were times she had to wait for uncle lawrence to sleep before she could take his phone and check all his old friend's contacts..and then contact them one by one. Really lotsa hard work!

    The deco was really good..the landscape, ambience and all. Lotsa ppl turned up and ppl came from all over the world..they have so many international contacts! i saw a number of angmohs and i think got some french, german etc...and i saw an actress! actually, din't know she was an acttress until my brother and cousins told me...can't rmember her name already..oops! all of us were wondering how she had connections with my uncle hahah!

    Anyway it was really sweet..how we pulled the poppers when he arrived...just to see his wide smile on his face warms my heart. wow 60th birthday..i really wonder if my husband or kids wld do that for me next time. haha! juts a passing thought only. and my uncle had to say a speech...and this sentence touched me..he said 'my love for my wife hasn't changed since day 1' it was like..awwww..such a faithful husband! =) he's really blessed for such a wonderful family...thank God for that.

    oh!

    btw when i left the house, it was drizzling...thank goodness the rain stopped! i did pray! =) thank God for hearing my prayers! see how wonderful God is! i told God if rain were to come, do it in the east..and leave the west dry hahaha...coz it's once in a life time party and i didn't want it to be ruined.

    anyway, food was really good! it's done in buffet style...there were several tents..each having different types of food..there were hokkien mee, grilled beef, grilled chicken, crab, sashimi, oysters, coconuts, tempura, roti prata etc etc. i was really really full..hahahha...anyway, food not impt! i am really glad to be able to spend time together with my cousins once again! they're all so adorable in their own little ways. Jiayu, polly and my cutest emma...

    Here's a picture of her when she was young! taken at my house! some ppl say she really looked like me when i was young! but now grow up already..not so cute..more pretty =) i pamper her a lot esp when she was young..reminiscing those days i wld piggy back her, hold her hands and all. hehe!


    anyway, its sweet how she held my hands today while we went to take food together and explored the club together! her small little hands =) anyway, she's really smart now! the 4 of us were having a conversation abt who getting married first..coz we all haven't got the chance to attend weddings..and all pin pointed to jiayu's brother who is already attached. and cute little emma said to me softly, 'i'll be the last to get married'. imagine my expression! i was laughing at it...haha so adorable remark! and she added, 'u all will be aunties by the time i get married' hahaha. she's only primary 3.. =) and then polly went abt telling her mom to let her play golf..some sort of investment..so she said, 'mummy..let me play golf so i can go make friends with all the rich guys there and plan for my future.' this is called tai-tai future hahaha! polly is emma's sister! golf is a high class sport ..and i think it's very cool to see people play golf...i wanna learn it someday! esp when all arnd u is just soft nice green grass, and when u play during sunset..with the breeze and all...its like whoa.... =)

    anyway, the cutting cake scene was so touching...the family of 4 went up together to the stage and sang birthday song with my uncle...so heart warming. the love that surrounds and bind the family! =) oh btw, there was even a mini band playing music and singing while we dine and all..some even danced..but mostly cha cha haha..for their generation.

    In all, i'm glad everyone had a good time today. I sincerely wish my uncle a really blessed 60th birthday! and may he forever be healthy and happy! and of course, thank God for making this surprise party so successful and wonderful! =)

    <---design by chris at http://blogskins.com/me/raindrops25--->